Friday, August 3, 2012

          How can there be such different accounts of the personality of Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham? I hardly know what to believe because of the contrast. According to Mr. Darcy and his friends, Darcy has been more then generous to Wickham but according to Wickham Darcy broke promises and would have disappointed his father. I don't know what to think of these characters. Obviously someone is lying though it is clear that at the time people are siding with Wickham. Meanwhile, I can't believe Mr. Collins is interested in Lizzy. I cannot say that I like him very much at all and I am so glad that Elizabeth declined his marriage offer. Right after he was turned down by Lizzy, Mr. Collins proposed to her friend Charlotte. I don't have a high opinion of him and believe him to be a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment